SUNDAY SERVICE LIVESTREAMS:
mcpc.ca/live or call 1-888-804-3553
In-person worship with limited capacity will resume
Mandarin on August 23 (9:00am)
Cantonese on August 23 (11:30am)
English on August 30 (10:15am)
please see below for instructions!
COVID Screening Forms: 中文 | English
上午 9:00-9:45 國語
上午 10:15-11:00 英語
上午 11:30 粵話
- 教會入口僅限於Denison Street大門。停車場的門乃出口專用；
- Letter to MCPC Family on Reopening for In-Person Worship at the Sanctuary
God calls His covenant nation “the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise. (Isaiah 43:21)
From the day COVID Emergency regulations forced us to suspend in-person services, we looked forward to the time when we could physically gather again for praise. As the Province and local Health Units have allowed more places to reopen, we have been making more specific plans to resume in-person worship in our three services. August 23 the Cantonese service will begin meeting in person; the English service will begin meeting August 30.
Effective August 23, the new service times will be:
Mandarin: 9:00 am to 9:45 am
English: 10:15 am to 11:00 am
Cantonese: 11:30 am to 12:15 pm
We are planning for 45-minute services to allow 30 minutes for one service to leave and the other service to arrive, and the cleaning in between. All three services will continue to be livestreamed and posted on YouTube.
We are committed to making the necessary preparations to protect your health and safety following best practices specified by the City of Toronto and York Region Health Units. These include:
- Increased cleaning of surfaces and access to hand sanitizer.
- Marking pews for proper distancing in seating and aisles for one-way traffic as people move around.
- No sharing of hymnals or pew Bibles, passing offering plates, or handing out bulletins.
- There will be collection boxes at the exits where you can leave your offerings as you leave the Sanctuary.
- Maintaining social distancing as much as possible and discouraging physical contact.
Important things to remember when you return:
- As directed in York Region, you will be required to wear a face covering upon entering the building. If you forget to bring a mask, we will have extras available for a freewill donation.
- The only entrance will be the door facing Denison Street. The doors by the parking lots are set apart as exit doors. Phase II remains closed, and those doors are locked.
- Everyone will need to submit a health screening form to enter the building:
- An online version will be available at mcpc.ca/covid19 for you to print, complete, and bring with you.
- If you need one, we’ll have paper copies available at the church entrance for you to complete.
- Your temperature will be taken to be sure you don’t have a fever.
- Hallways and aisles are marked for one-way traffic.
Please also note:
- Washroom access will be limited to one person in the washroom at a time.
- Because of the bandwidth needed for livestreaming, there will be no public WiFi access at MCPC on Sundays.
- In-person fellowships and other meetings will not resume yet.
- Be sure you take all your personal belongings home with you at the end of the worship service.
We hope you’ll be able to join us when we reopen. We also understand that we all have unique circumstances and health conditions, so do not feel obligated to return to in-person service if you are not ready.
“Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:3
- We are open!
MCPC will be open for in-person worship for all three services in August. Please note that capacity is limited. For everyone’s safety, please wear a mask and physical distance, follow directions of the ushers and signs on the floor.
August 23: Mandarin (9:00am) and Cantonese (11:30am)
August 30: English (10:15am)
** Note that the start times for Mandarin and English worship have changed.
- COVID Screening Forms
A COVID screening questionnaire must be completed by anyone who attends in-person worship service at MCPC. This must be done weekly.
Please print, complete one form per person, and bring it with you to church. Extra forms will be available at the church entrance if you are unable to print or forget to bring one with you.
- Surveys closed
Thank you for your responses to the MCPC reopening survey. Your input will help shape how MCPC will reopen for in-person worship and ministries.
- Planning for in-person worship
God calls His covenant nation “the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.” (Isaiah 43:21) Ever since COVID Emergency regulations forced us to suspend in-person services, we eagerly looked forward to being able to physically gather again to proclaim God’s praise. The new COVID regulations have given churches permission for in-person worship.
We’re seeking your input as we plan to start those services again.
Please fill out our Church Re-opening Survey so we can hear your feelings and concerns as we plan for re-opening our church building and resuming in-person worship.
The surveys are now closed.
Thank you for your help with this important project.
- March 26, 2020
In order to better coordinate the virtual worship services in three languages, the Mandarin worship will occur at 10:30am. English will still be at 9:30am, Cantonese at 11:30am.
We’ll see you at mcpc.ca/live on Sunday morning!
- March 21, 2020
As the COVID-19 situation evolves and gatherings are still prohibited, MCPC will use livestreaming of all three services (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) on Sunday at their usual times. Please reload this page for the livestream link 15 minutes before your service.
For offering, we recommend to use Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR). It will allow for automatic electronic offering on the 20th of every month. MCPC has been utilizing this service by the United Church for several years. Please download, fill out and send this PAR Authorization Form along with a void cheque via email to email@example.com. You can print it out to scan or take a picture of the form and void cheque with your mobile phone.
Receipt for tax purposes will be issued at the end of the year.
If you have any questions regarding PAR, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the Board of Managers will reply to you.
- March 14, 2020
Dear MCPC Family,
COVID-19 is causing disruption to our daily life, as it has caused pain and suffering in China, Iran, Italy, and other parts of the world. As recommended by government health professionals, an effective way to prevent transmission is not gathering in large numbers and close proximity.
As MCPC is a family that includes seniors to young children, our church leaders believe it is prudent and responsible to suspend all worship services and ministry programs immediately until further notice. It is not a decision taken lightly but with faith, compassion and love. In the meantime, we are investigating alternative forms of worship through online technology.
While Sunday worship services are halted temporarily, our church doors will be open between 10:00-11:00 AM on Sunday for those who wish to seek comfort and quiet time with God in the sanctuary for prayers and reflection.
“casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
由於MCPC是一個扶老攜幼的大家庭，所以我們的教會領袖們認為，有需要立即暫停所有敬拜和教會聚會，直至另行通知為止，我們相信這是審慎又負責任的做法。 這不是一個輕易的決定，而是帶著信心，充滿恩慈和愛心的決定。 同時，我們正在研究通過互聯網舉行其他形式的崇拜。
雖然週日的崇拜和教會活動暫時停止，但我們教會的門將在禮拜日上午10:00 – 11:00 之間打開，讓弟兄姊妹在聖殿裡尋求上帝的安慰, 經歷與主一起安靜,祈禱和反思。
你 們 要 將 一 切 的 憂 慮 卸 給 神 ， 因 為 他 顧 念 你 們 。(彼 得 前 書 5:7)